The Coaching and Games Development committee within the Middle East County Board has responsibility for a number of areas across child, youth and adult levels. The committee will roll out a number of initiatives to address growing demands across the region.
- The Coaching and Games Development Committee recently ran a Foundation Award coaching course. This course was aimed at child, youth and adult football coaches with the region who held no official qualification. The Foundation Award course is the first step on the GAA coaching ladder. The course was run in early January 2014 and was attended by 48 people, making it the largest one ever run by the GAA. This course will be run again in late 2014, subject to sufficient interest in the region.
- The Coaching and Games Development Committee will be running the hurling equivalent of the Foundation Award coaching course before the middle of 2014.
- The Level 1 Award coaching course, the 2nd step on the GAA coaching ladder will be run in late 2014. This course will be aimed at child, youth and adult football coaches within the region who have completed the Foundation Award course.
- The committee will be arranging the LGFA equivalent of the GAA coaching course, the FUNdamentals course in late 2014, subject to sufficient interest in the region. Eleven ladies involved in coaching in the region completed the GAA course run in early January.
- The committee will be running the GYW Level 1 course in ladies refereeing in early 2014.
- The committee will be similarly running the GAA refereeing course in early 2014.
The committee is also focused at developing Gaelic games both within the juvenile section in each club and in schools throughout the region where feasible. The committee remains available to provide advice, best practice coaching guidelines and aim to arrange region wide juvenile tournaments where suitable dates can be arranged.
The GAA provides an array of appropriate learning and development resources at:
The following documents can be used to enhance coaching tools and techniques here in the Middle East.
Art Of Coaching
Dynamic Stretching Excercises
Fluid Requirements For GAA Players
Hydration Pre / Post Game
Skills Development Model