Name: Matteo Kevin Cullen.
Club: Oman GAA.
Arriving in the GCC region in 2013, Matteo brings an interesting history of Gaelic Football to the Gulf! He has played with many clubs around the world, including:
- Rathangan GAA (Co. Kildare, Ireland)
- Coláiste na hOllscoile Gaillimh (Co. Galway, Ireland)
- Michael Cusack’s (San Francisco)
- Sligo GFC and Donegal GFC (New York)
- St. Finbarr’s GAA (Perth, Australia)
- Japan GAA (Japan)
- Oman GAA (Oman)
Matteo has won seven county medals (six for Gaelic & one for hurling) at underage level. He played in All-Ireland Colleges final for NUI Galway in 1995; unfortunately they lost the game, despite his goal! And last but not least, he was selected as a midfielder on the 2013-14 Middle East GAA Intermediate All-Star team, following his first season with Oman GAA.
Matteo’s desire, both for him and his team, is to constantly improve. He is currently focused on winning tournaments and more medals with Oman GAA.